Please update your bookmarks and links if you have any.
If you are not transferred automatically in a moment or two, please click on our new URL for this page:
The PLO: Background Briefing
We are assembling documents and information about
the Palestine Liberation Organization and other terrorist groups.
New materials will be added as they become available.
- Who's Who among Palestinian Terror Groups.
A brief background with official emblems from the PLO and Hamas through
the PFLP, PFLP-GC, DFLP, etc.
- The PLO Charter. The full text of this
infamous document which negates Israel's right to exist and calls
for its destruction through violence.
- As the independent watchdog group
Peace Watch has explained, the PLO's vote on 24 April 1996
did not satisfy its legal obligation to amend
the Charter; it merely expressed an intention to do so at some
future date, and it set up a committee to discuss it. It remains to be seen
how much, if any, of the Charter will be repealed, not to mention what new
clauses will replace it.
- The Phased Plan for Israel's destruction.
The current Israel-PLO agreements fit in perfectly with the PLO's
master plan for eliminating Israel. The full text of the 1974 resolution
is here, along with comments demonstrating its continued relevance.
Watch this space for new materials on topics including:
- 1964-68: The Origins of the PLO --
Founded by Egypt, directed against Jordan, taken over by Syria
- 1969-71: The PLO's Mini-State in Jordan...
triggers a civil war; Jordanian regime barely survives
- 1971-85: The PLO's Mini-State in Lebanon...
triggers a civil war; Lebanese state is destroyed
- 1988-93: Did the Leopard Change its Spots?
- 1993-??: The PLO's Mini-State in Israel...
- Analysis of the PLO Covenant
- The PLO's Record of World Terrorism
- The Hamas Charter
Back to IRIS Home Page
Last updated: 29 April 1996